PhD Student Sponsorship Initiative: We are pleased to announce a new PhD student sponsorship initiative established and sponsored by the MTT-S Administrative Committee.
This initiative, established and sponsored by the IEEE MTT-S Administrative Committee, is available for all 1st/2nd year PhD students and Masters Students on PhD track worldwide. The initiative provides sponsorship to attend IMS2013 in Seattle, WA, USA.
The Sponsorship includes:
5 nights accommodation (Check in 02 June 2013, Check out 07 June 2013)
Complimentary IMS2013 Registration
Meals over the conference dates (breakfast and lunch)
To qualify for an award:
- All applicants must be IEEE MTT-S Student Members.
- All applicants must submit a personal statement.
- Supervisors are expected to pay for transportation to/from Seattle, WA, USA.
- Successful applicants are expected to volunteer (1day) helping IMS2013 team.
- Successful applicants are expected to be present at the IMS2013 from Monday until the Closing Ceremony on Thursday afternoon
- Successful applicants must complete one of the following assignments:
- Three reports assignment: work in a team of 3 to present evaluation of one presented paper, one poster paper and a short report about one product from the exhibition.
- Participate in the Student Challenge.
- Applications may only be submitted through supervisors.
- Each research group may submit up to 4 applications.
- Past PhD students awardees are not eligible.
- This sponsorship is aimed at students who have not attended the IMS before.
- All MTT-S Fellowship/Scholarship recipients cannot apply to this initiative.
24 Feb 2013 Deadline for applications submissions
17 March 2013 Announcements
- The IEEE MTT-S reserves the rights to check the details in this application against IEEE records and other resources if necessary
- Students are responsible for their own travel insurance.
Submit your application through the on-line IMS-PHD-SSI form.
Once you submit the form, your supervisor will receive an email to provide a recommendation letter. The Recomenndation Letter must be received by 24 Feb 2013.